Graduating seniors from across the region were honored recently as 13 scholarships were awarded in Guthrie’s 45th Annual Health Professions and Employee Scholarship Programs.
Four scholarships were presented to children of Guthrie employees with no restrictions on academic career interest, while nine scholarships were presented to students throughout the region whose academic endeavors will be directly related to health care. All students will receive $650 a year for four years for undergraduate studies.
This year’s winners are listed below.
Children of Employees Scholarships:
- Alexa Wagner, Elmira High School, daughter of James Wagner (Occupational Therapist, Guthrie Clinic)
- Ariana Gambrell, Athens High School, daughter of Lisa Gambrell (RN, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital)
- Mackenzie Heater, Mansfield High School, daughter of Leslie Hall (LPN, Guthrie Clinic Southport)
- Rachel Hutchison, Athens High School, daughter of Adriane Hutchison (RN, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital)
Health Professions Scholarships:
- Jenna Hunsinger, Owego Free Academy
- Mackenzie Tewksbury, Wyalusing Valley High School
- Leah Beinlich, Sullivan County High School
- Mariah Pino, Mansfield High School
- Abigail Durgan, Waverly High School
- Kenna Newman, Corning-Painted Post High School
- Rebecca Shannon, Notre Dame High School
- Anthony Pawlewicz, Newfield High School
- Mikayla Oldenburg, Union-Endicott High School
Congratulations to all the scholarship recipients.
Pictured are Alexa Wagner, Maria Pino, Jenna Hunsinger, Rebecca Shannon, Mackenzie Heater, Anthony Pawlewicz, Rachel Hutchison, Ariana Gambrell, Kenna Newman, Abigail Durgan and Mackenzie Tewksbury. Not present – Leah Beinlich and Mickayla Oldenburg.