Staff at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital participated in a Live Code Pink exercise on Monday morning. The overall Code Pink drill was a complete success thanks to the quick response from staff. Staff participation throughout the hospital and clinic was excellent. The objective of the exercise was to evaluate staff response, heighten awareness and educate.
The key tips from the exercise were:
- No one is to enter or exit the building.
- Check all items that an infant/child could be hidden in (blankets, bags, carts, etc.).
- Don’t hesitate to report suspicious individuals, actions or activity.
- Report as much information as possible (direction, descriptions etc.).
- “See Something, Say Something”.
Thank you to all who participated in the exercise. If you have any questions on Code Pink, contact Kevin VanHorn, Safety Officer, at 570-887-6435.