To further increase our cyber security posture, thwart continued attempted attacks and to mitigate risk, the IT Security team has received approval from senior leadership to increase protections from non-US based entities. These increased protections will take affect starting Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019.
What this means for you:
- Employees will no longer be able to sign into their Office365 account without prior approval from Guthrie IS outside of the United States Territories and Outlying Areas.
- Mobile device access to Guthrie Office365 accounts will cease functionality as employees travel outside of the United States Territories and Outlying Areas; and functionality should return normally as the employee travels back to the United States Territories and Outlying Areas.
- Official Guthrie business being conducted outside of United States Territories and outlying areas will be performed on a Guthrie IT sanctioned device and traffic encrypted in transit by the use of a Guthrie sanctioned VPN or compensating control.
- Exceptions to this policy will be reviewed on a case by case basis following the request procedure listed below.
Procedure to request access to Guthrie Office365 outside of USA:
- Employee must submit a request to the Guthrie helpdesk (ITsupport@guthrie.org) with accompanied approval of their management.
-This request should contain travel start and end dates, explanation for requesting access and ID for any Guthrie owned devices (PC number, iPad label, etc).
-The request should be submitted two weeks prior to travel.
- Guthrie IT Security will review the case and, if approved, provisions will be set to enable the proper level of access during travel. This may require IT Security to review the device and enhance protections on the device or install VPN utilities.
If there are any questions or concerns about this, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.