Quitting smoking has benefits from day one, but quitting can be a challenge. During the Great American Smokeout on Nov. 15, Guthrie wants to support employees in their efforts to quit and stay quit. You may not be ready to quit that day, but you can start making a plan to quit soon. Members of the Guthrie Cancer Team will have information available for employees who are interested in learning how to quit.
Stop by the table on Thursday, Nov. 15 from 8:30 – 11 a.m. at Guthrie Corning Hospital outside the cafeteria and from 12 – 2:30 p.m. at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital outside the cafeteria. At that time you'll be able to:
- receive a quit smoking support kit when you do a free lung cancer pre-screening
- spin the wheel and win prizes for your knowledge about lung cancer
- test your smell, taste and lung strength
- receive free quit smoking resources
- learn more about support and available resource for Guthrie employees