This year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone get the flu shot before the start of the flu season. Due to the ongoing pandemic, it is important to receive your vaccine early to help minimize flu cases and make the most efficient use of Guthrie’s resources.
The Employee Influenza Vaccine program begins on Monday, September 14, 2020 and includes several significant changes. Changes to the process include an earlier deadline, internally administrated vaccines for clinical departments, and completely online consent and verification forms.
- Employee Flu Shots will be given starting the week of Monday, September 14.
- The deadline to receive the flu shot is Monday, November 2.
- All forms must be submitted to electronically Employee Health by this date.
- This deadline is the same for per diem employees.
New Online Employee Vaccination Consent Process
- The 2020 Guthrie Employee Vaccination Consent process is online this year.
- All employees must use the QR code below or visit https://tinyurl.com/y5z4zux5 BEFORE they receive their vaccine to complete their consent form.
Employee Influenza Vaccine Options
- There are three (3) ways employees could receive their influenza vaccines:
- Clinical department employees will receive the influenza vaccine in their department by a designated individual identified and approved by Employee Health.
- Employees in non-clinical departments may attend one of the employee influenza vaccine clinics. (See schedule below.)
- Employees could receive the influenza vaccine from an outside source.
- Documentation of influenza vaccines that were not administered within the department or during an Employee Health Flu clinic MUST be submitted online at https://tinyurl.com/y622eb58. This is the only format for submitting this documentation this year.
- Copays may apply for immunizations received at non-Guthrie facilities.
Employee Influenza Vaccine Clinic Schedule
- Sept. 14, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., BSU Hallway
- Oct. 7, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Patterson Auditorium
- Oct. 30, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., BSU Hallway
- Sept. 21, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Seneca Room
- Oct. 19, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Seneca Room
Cortland Medical Center
- Sept. 21-25, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., “Old Prompt Care” across from the cashier’s office
Clinic dates for Troy Community Hospital and Towanda Memorial Hospital to be announced in the near future.